- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online Analytics and Advertising
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Retention of Your Information
- Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
- Third Party Links and Features
- Children’s Privacy
- Information for International Residents
- Information for Employment Applicants
- How We Protect Your Information
- Employment Applications
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We refer to these products and services collectively as the “Services”.
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
Teki collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, Teki collects information from you through:
- Processing your orders
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms or email
- Your communications and dealings with us (including on our websites, in stores, at special events, over the phone, on third-party social media sites, and by mail or email)
- The Services that you use
- Your participation in Teki research
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services and Teki products
- Employment applications
- Account and product registration and administration of your account
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information about you. While some of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name, the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address (and company name, address, contact information, and other company details if you are using a Teki business website or product)
- Log-in credentials, if you create a Teki account
- Billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information such as your gender
- If you choose to participate in a Teki research study related to our products and services, information provided in connection with such research
- User-generated content you post in public online Teki forums (e.g., the Teki Community)
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to Teki in connection with your use of the Services.
Information about others. If you request that your Teki purchase be shipped to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the shipment.
Teki ID. Some of our products and features will allow you or require you to create an account and establish a Teki ID. This ID may allow you to sign into a range of Teki Services. It also enables Teki to consolidate information collected across a range of Teki products and services, which helps us provide you with a more seamless experience across our Services.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to enable access to content that varies based on a user’s general location (e.g., providing access to local radio stations).
We will ask your permission before collecting your precise GPS location information. In such instances, we will use your precise geo-location information to provide customized services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. We may also use this information to enable you to locate a lost or stolen device. If you no longer wish for us and our service providers to collect and use GPS location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features, and/or products made available via the Services.
Collection of Information Across Teki Products and Personal Devices Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect — for instance, usernames, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers — to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or connected Teki products), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based or any other product settings.
Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Platforms
If you access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through a social network), you may allow us to have access to and store certain information from your social network profile. This includes your name, gender, profile picture, your “likes” and check-ins, and your list of friends, depending on your settings on such services. If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not use a social networking connection to access the Services.
Similarly, if you connect your Teki device to underlying platforms or content providers (e.g., Spotify, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant), such providers allow us and our service providers to have access to and store additional information about your interaction with those providers as it relates to use of the Services (e.g., to display your recently-played Spotify playlist within Teki connected products and mobile applications, understand how often you use Alexa to play music, etc.). If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not initiate these connections.
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
- Information We Collect from Others
Teki may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you with the Teki brand and improve Teki’s products, analytics, and advertising.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with updates and information about products you have purchased from us
- Review and process employment applications, as discussed further below in the “Employment Applications” section
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Teki and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the advertising and content on the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our Services
- Synthesize and derive insights from your use of different Services
- Provide, manage, and improve the Services and their performance, and test and create new products, features, and services
- Secure our websites, products, software, applications, or Teki retail stores
- Understand and resolve website crashes and other issues being reported
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you); or
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software,or Teki retail stores; operate our business and our Services; ensure safe environments for our staff and visitors; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services).
- Where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable legal requirements, to use your information for a particular purpose.
- Where we use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations (for example, keeping track of purchases for tax and auditing purposes).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Automatically Collect” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
For more information on how to change your cookie settings, as well as the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please refer to our Cookies Notice.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web and mobile application analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics on our Services to collect and analyse usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. We may also use Adobe Analytics to analyse and optimize the performance of our websites, advertising, and content. Learn more about Adobe’s privacy practices and to make choices regarding Adobe’s tracking activities.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- Online Advertising
The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The Advertisements may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties, whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services, may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) to serve tailored ads to you on the Services, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services. We sometimes provide our customer information (such as email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary Identification Documents, in order to provide you with more relevant ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications.
Please note that if you exercise the opt out choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behaviour over time.
- Notice Concerning Do Not Track.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. Learn more about Do Not Track.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Teki will share your information in the following ways:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries.We may share information we collect within the Teki companies (e.g, Teki’s manufacturing, distribution, and product development companies) to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and Services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
- Service Providers.We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features (e.g., voice activation/recognition services), advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such parties currently include crash and bug analytics providers like Crashlytics, and service providers like Segment that enable us to connect your Teki products to your device and provide us with analytics for internal purposes.
- Business Transfers.As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Teki’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Teki will comply with such restrictions.
- Teki Ventures.If you submit information to Teki Ventures in connection with seeking potential funding for your business concept, we may share information with other investors, fund, and angel groups in our sole and absolute discretion in connection with facilitating a possible investment in your business.
- Public Forums.Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and Teki may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). For example, if you submit a product review on one of our sites, we may display your review (along with the name provided, if any) on other Teki websites and on third-party websites. Moreover, some of the Services may allow you to share information publicly with other users so that they may benefit from it (e.g. sharing the sound frequency of a music venue). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information.From time to time, Teki may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
- Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the information in the “Teki Contact Information” section below at any time. To exercise any of your rights please fill out our request form or email us at email@example.com.
Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update or rectify information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- oppose, cancel, or restrict the way that we process and disclose certain information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Marketing Communications and Sharing
- Placing an Order for Teki Products
To place an order on our websites, you must have cookies enabled. If you would like to place an order for Teki products or services but you have disabled cookies, please call us at to place your order by phone or visit our Contact us page for additional Teki contact information.
- Cross-device Tracking Opt Out
If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 18 . If we become aware that we have collected “personal information” from children under the age 18 of without legally-valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Teki takes technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services or via the Internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access to a Teki account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.